- May 8, 2017: “Reading the Verses Backward, Poetry for the Digital Age.” Recorded for the DH Podcast at the University of Oregon by Rachel Rochester.
- September 14-16, 2015: “The Geography of Modernism: Redrawing the Map” at Writing Literary History (Europe 1900-1950) Conference, MDRN research lab, University of Leuven, Belgium.
- May 15, 2015: Looking at Language: The Materialized Word. California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA.
- February 26-27, 2015: Hebrew Conference: Written Word, Spoken Word. Stanford University. Stanford, CA.
- January 25, 2015. World War I Lecture Series lecture, The Getty Center, Los Angeles, CA.
This lecture focuses on Karl Kraus’s great anti-war play “The Last Days of Mankind,” which incorporates documentary sources, including newspaper headlines, speeches, and military reports, to produce a devastating picture of the progress of World War I, from its beginnings to its bitter end.
- November 18, 2014: “Raising the Referential Temperature: Poundian Reverberations in Brazilian Concrete Poetics.” The Michael Henry Heim Memorial Lecture in Translation and Translation Studies. UCLA. Los Angeles, CA.
- November 1, 2014: “The Fascination of What’s Difficult.” PAMLA Session chaired by Steven Gould Axelrod (University of California, Riverside). Discussants Susan McCabe (University of Southern California) and Brian Reed (University of Washington). Produced by Addison Palacios.
- February 13, 2014: Lecture at Ryerson University, Toronto
- February 26-March 1, 2014: AWP Conference, Seattle
- April 9-12, 2014: Pound Conference, Boise, Idaho.
- May 8-10, 2014: Gertrude Stein Keynote Address, Copenhagen.
- October 9-10, 2013: Keynote for Poetry & Contemporaneity, Rio de Janeiro. Bello Horizonte
- April 19-20, 2013: 1913 conference, Princeton
- Dec. 2, 2012: on John Cage at UCLA
- Nov. 15, 2012: on Karl Kraus at Princeton
- Oct 22-24 2012: on Cage at Wake Forest
- Sept. 19-23, 2012: Transatlantic Cage, Paris
- July 19-23, 2012: Modernism, Christianity, Apocalypse, Solstrand, Norway [audio available]
- July 23, 2012: Audiatur Waste Land Lecture. Bergen, Norway.
- June 27-July 1, 2012: Eighties Conference, Orono
- May 15-17, 2012: on Paul Celan, Northwestern and University of Chicago
- April 11-13, 2012: Texas A & M, keynote on Wittgenstein and Christianity
- April 1-2, 2012: Modern Poetry and French Theory, Berkeley
- June 14, 2011: Forma E Sentido, Rio [Videos available at link]
- February 2010: A talk from Unoriginal Genius delivered at The University of Richmond:
- November 11, 2009: A conversation with Charles Bernstein on Close Listening for Art International Radio. The conversation and a reading from The Vienna Paradox have been archived at Pennsound. You will also find the audio linked at Charles Bernstein’s blog and Ron Silliman’s blog. At Pennsound, you can also hear a 1999 recording of “Watchman, Spy and Dead Man: Frank O’ Hara, Jasper Johns, and John Cage in the Sixties,” a 2003 reading from The Vienna Paradox, and a 2004 discussion on “Secular Jewish Culture/Radical Poetic Practice.”
- January, 2009: A talk from the University of Houston-Victoria / American Book Review Reading Series:
- September, 2008: A video portrait by Charles Bernstein
- 2005-2008: Three conversations on Robert Harrison’s podcast, Entitled Opinions, covering Ezra Pound, the European Avant-Garde, and W.B. Yeats.
- May 29-31, 2008: Conceptual Poetry and Its Others symposium. University of Arizona Poetry Center. Documentation includes a keynote address on Walter Benjamin’s Arcades Project, as well as video of several roundtable discussions and readings.
- May 19, 2004. “The Aura of Modernism”; Katz Lecture. The Simpson Center for the Humanities at the University of Washington.
- Lecture: “Allen Ginsberg and the poetics of everyday life,” Naropa University, July, 1994. (July 7, 1994)